Monday 23 August 2010

Prawn Aglio Olio

Hmmm suddenly I've been wanting to cook for break the fast. I yet never cook in this fasting month. Not once. Usually my mum cook or we just buy from Bazar Ramadhan Pendang. Prawn Aglio Olio..this recipes pop out of my mind. Hmmm what a nice dish for buka puasa I thought. But to make it happen, yeah I have to cook. Simple.

So ya..I took a time to go to Tesco Mergong to buy the ingredients. Few of the ingredients I already have at home. I just need to buy a few. I list down everything and went to Tesco this afternoon. 

Shopping...Oh I loved it. There were a lot of fishes and goods at Tesco. I didn't know if it were a normal things or were it because of the fasting month.. I kind of going insane seeing all the fishes and meats and imagine that becoming a great dishes..Oooohhh...Don't trust me. I think it is because I'm fasting so I saw things a little bit differently now in the afternoon. Haha!

I never cook Spaghetti Prawn Aglio Olio before...Well this evening is the pilot version of my cooking. It is stressing. Cooking for the buka puasa, everyone is expecting something nice to eat...really. Amy, don't disappoint them and your stomach especially

So here is the ingredients which I'm gonna add in to my recipes.. I kind of mix everything with a lot of recipes I've read just to make it perfect with the availability of the ingredients. 
Olive oil ( I need to buy a new bottle because I'd finish the last one, we Malaysian don't eat olive oil as much as the western or the Mediterranean people do. It is expensive and every olive oil that we have here I believe were the imported one)
I pick up one bottle of the Basso extra virgin olive oil. Basso brand was cheap and yet the only brand that I can find the Halal verification on the bottle.
Parmesan cheese..and yes I spent a lot of time looking at the cheese packets from brand to brand trying to find the Halal sticker. I found one..but it was way more expensive then the others. I got no other choice, just pick it up, because I'm longing to taste something cheesy for a very long time. ( nak pergi pizza hut, tapi harap la nak g sorang2x...semua tak nak pizza, tapi I nak..!)

Bought 2 packets of spaghetti, baby portabello mushroom..(so my oglio will be a bit darker because of the mushroom), Prawn ( I just bought 10 average size prawn that cost me 1.10 MYR. hehe kidding me?), some green capsicum, some tomatoes and chicken cube for a taste. 
Other ingredients were already at home. 

Till then. I can't wait to start cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment